African American City Guides
BlackCityInfo.com is a collection of city guides that direct users to businesses, churches, entertainment events, community info, dining, special events, and so much more.
BlackCityInfo.com helps interested ones find their way around the black community in America. Many businesses have good products to offer but struggle with the high cost of advertising which increases their chance of failure.
We aim to change that. We post information free of charge.
But we need African-Americans to get excited about their community by getting involved and helping others in learning about their city. Outdated or erroneous information? Let us know, and we will update.
Our website is not exclusive to African-Americans but encourage all ethnicities to participate and become familiar with what is going on in the black community.
Black Millennials Are Changing The Face Of The Travel Industry | TIME
5 Things To Expect When Travelling While Black
JULY 2017 FESTIVALS & EVENTS
Alabama, Florence - W.C. Handy Music Festival - Area restaurants offer live music most nights, and artists often perform in Wilson Park or along streets downtown.
- California, Hayward - Hayward Russell City Blues Festival - If you even mildly like Blues music, you will enjoy this event! There are so many talented artists involved!! It is a joy to watch!
- California, Oakland - Bill Picket Invitational Rodeo Tour - Bill Picket rodeo in Oakland California.
- California, Oakland - The Oakland Jazz Festival - A day-long-music festival at the Dunsmuir Hellman Historic Estates featuring live performances by some of the top Jazz and R&B artists in the industry.
- California, Palm Springs - Party In Palm Springs Celebration - This Party In Palm Springs Celebration is for sexy, and single professionals over the age of 27.
- California, San Francisco - Fillmore Jazz Festival - The Fillmore Jazz Festival is the largest free Jazz festival on the West Coast. Vendors, several stages with hot cultural music, good eats and alot of friendly people.
- Colorado, Denver - Colorado Black Arts Festival - Presenting the best of visual and performing arts to celebrate its Annual Festival in the month of July in historic Denver City Park West. Learn of the wonderful artistic contributions African Americans have contributed to American culture. This green, affordable, and family oriented event that is free and open to the public.
- Florida, Miami Beach - Miami TakeOver! - Former NBA great Alonzo Mourning Celebrity Weekend event, and don't miss the "All White South Beach Parties."
- Georgia, Atlanta - FunkJazz Kafé Festival - The FunkJazz Kafé is a multi-faceted arts and music festival. A “special interest” mixture of style and substance linking fashion, virtual and visual arts, food, wellness, dance, spoken word, new media, bazaar vending and interactive suites with our favorite main ingredient: Music.
- Georgia, Atlanta - National Black Arts Festival - International marketplace resource for information.
- Georgia, Decatur - Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes Music Festival - The family-fun event will fuse and celebrate Left Eye's original style and eclectic taste in music, fashion, food and fun.
- Illinois, Chicago - The Pitchfork Music Festival - Experience big headliners at this Chicago summer staple event. Held in the Windy City.
- Illinois, Chicago - Taste of Chicago - Experience the nation's premier outdoor food festival showcasing the diversity of Chicago's dining community, complemented by music and exciting activities for the entire family.
- Illinois, Chicago - West Fest - Colorful, eclectic and lively event. West Fest is a two-day party that offers continuous high quality entertainment for kids, parents, young singles, and even pets.
- Indiana, Indianapolis - Indiana Black Expo's Summer Celebration - The largest African American cultural event in our nation. Expect more than 300,000 people to attend.
- Louisiana, New Orleans - Essence Music Festival - The Essence Music Festival, known as "the party with a purpose," is an annual music festival which started in 1995 as a one-time event to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of ESSENCE, a magazine aimed primarily towards African-American women.
- Maine, Rockland - North Atlantic Blues Festival - Held each summer at the public landing in Rockland, Maine.
- Maryland, Baltimore - African American Heritage Festival - Celebrating the culture, history, heritage and the arts of African American accomplishments.
- Michigan, Lansing - An Evening of Smooth Jazz - The annual summer music event takes place on the last Friday in July. Previous performers include Gerald Albright, Nick Colionne, Bob Baldwin, Tim Bowman, the Al McKenzie Trio, Penny Wells, The Miller Group, 496 West, Straight Ahead, Charles and Gwen Scales with Modern Tribe, Smooth for Notes, Impulse.
- Minnesota, Duluth - Bayfront Reggae & World Music Festival - A celebration of world music representing Africa, Cuba, England, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, South Africa, St. Lucia, Trinidad, US, and more!
- Minnesota, St. Paul - Rondo Avenue, Inc. Festival - Recognizing The Past, Honoring The Present & Soaring Into The Future!!!
- Nevada, Las Vegas - Urban Hangover - Urban Hangover is the "official" national meet-up for urban professionals! It's a annual upscale getaway! It is designed for cosmopolitan professionals who enjoy life entertainment, suave venues, fun group travel, gambling and networking.
- New Jersey, Newark - Afro American Music Festival - A 3-day cultural event featuring world class musicians and comedians, in Newark, New Jersey’s beautiful Vailsburg Park.
- New York, Brooklyn - Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival - Established in 2005, The Brooklyn Hip-Hop Festival is New York City’s largest Hip-Hop cultural event that showcases the positive aspects of Hip-Hop culture by highlighting Hip-Hop’s legacy as an agent of artistic progression, community building and social change.
- New York, Brooklyn - The International African Arts Festival - The theme for the festival is Serudj Ta - To Replenish; To Make Well.
- New York, Lewiston - Lewiston Jazz Project
- Classic jazz repertoire, swing and modern jazz, accompanied by guest artists and student musicians.
- Ohio, Columbus - Jazz and Rib Fest - The Jazz and Rib Fest in Columbus will celebrate in July at the downtown riverfront in Columbus!
- Ohio, Toledo - Toledo African American Festival - The festival offers two days of entertainment including national recording artists, local talent, vendors, rides and activities for the kids, along with health information and screenings. It is truly a family affair.
- Oregon, Portland - Waterfront Blues Festival - The Waterfront Blues Festival is the largest fundraiser for Oregon Food Bank, a nonprofit hunger-relief organization. The festival is owned and operated by Oregon Food Bank.
- Pennsylvania, Philadelphia - Global Fusion Festival - A week-long celebration attracting nearly 30,000 attendees. The festival holds true to its "global fusion" name with a perfect combination of Caribbean, Hispanic, African, African-American and Asian cultural performers for visitors and residents to experience, all on one stage.
- Tennessee, Nashville - The International Black Film Festival - Includes critically acclaimed independent and studio features, documentaries and short films.There will also be a Q&A session for select films with directors, producers and/or cast members, as well as exclusive sneak peeks of films that will be screened at this year's festival in October.
- Texas, Arlington - Face of Africa Pageant - Face of Africa Pageant showcases Cultural Art, Beauty & Awareness.
- Texas, Houston - Houston CaribFest - Houston CaribFest is your one-stop for Caribbean entertainment in the Greater Houston area.
- Virginia, Charlottesville - African-American Cultural Arts Festival - From it's beginning in July 1989, this festival celebrates the rich heritage of people of African ancestry and their contributions to the community, the nation and the world.
- Virginia, Norfolk - Norfolk Waterfront Jazz Festival - Jazz lovers are anticipating an exciting return of the Norfolk Waterfront Jazz Festival. Chill to the sounds of smooth jazz in the serene setting along the water at Town Point Park with some of the great names in Jazz.
- Virginia, Norfolk - AT&T Reggae Solstice - This cultural celebration brings dance and music listening together to create a peaceful and positive atmosphere along the Elizabeth River. The AT&T Reggae Solstice is free and open to the public and promises to be the perfect way to celebrate the summer.